Meet Our Leadership Team
Karena Vaughan, Founder & Principal Consultant
Expert in strategic business development with > 20 years’ sales experience in Financial & Professional Services & Technology. Karena works with high-growth companies, providing practical support with business location-selection, restructuring of sales operations and new customer acquisition. Recent projects include The British Business Bank, leading Regtech company Funds Axis and AI start-up Fregnan.
Previous roles include;
Contract Sales Director with Invest Northern Ireland, where Karena secured investment for the region from Augentius Fund Services, Estera, FinTrU, Barclays Supply Chain, Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Convergys, Robo-Advisor Moola, Allen & Overy, Herbert Smith Freehills, Axiom Law, MITIE, Deloitte Data Analytics & Alexander Mann.
Sales Director with boutique learning and development company Edge, where Karena secured multi-location sales and leadership training programmes from Caterpillar, Thomson Reuters, HP and Coca-Cola. Karena’s team also trained >400 export sales managers for high-growth SMEs.
Her early career was spent with BT and Xerox (UK) Limited working on complex projects in outsourced managed services and technical support.
- Building Businesses in Emerging Markets, Harvard Business School
- Master of Business Administration, University of Ulster
- Master of Arts (French), Queen’s University Belfast
- Bachelor of Education Hons. 2:1, (Major French) Queen’s University Belfast
- PRINCE2, Practitioner
- Member of the International Committee, International Economic Development Council
- Chartered Institute of Securities & Investment;
- Introduction to Securities & Investment
- International Certificate in Wealth & Investment Management
Louise Cook, Senior Consultant Client Delivery
Expert in building client business through event delivery, exhibition & attendance with > 15 years’ experience in Professional Services & Technology. Louise manages Catalina Consulting’s media watch and lead generation activity and is currently involved in supporting several major UK cities with the development of start-up ecosystems.
Previous roles include;
Contract Sales Manager with Invest Northern Ireland, where Louise built the agency’s profile on the West Coast, cultivating an extensive network of senior technology leaders through the delivery of innovative roundtable events. She was instrumental in securing investment from 3Par and CyberSource (Visa), before relocating to London where she built the agency’s profile in the legal sector, securing Allen & Overy, Herbert Smith Freehills, Justis Publishing, & Axiom Law.
- B.Sc. (Hons) Queen’s University Belfast
- The Global American Economy, Stanford University
- Start Ups, From Idea to IPO, Stanford University
- Member of the Strategic Account Management Association
Lyle English, Senior Consultant Learning & Development
Expert in learning and development with > 20 years’ experience in delivering leadership, sales and coaching programmes to companies including Thomson Reuters, HP and Caterpillar. Lyle manages customer learning programmes and provides coaching in sales & leadership.
Master Trainer and skilled in designing and running Train the Trainer programmes.
ILM and CMI Accredited