Meet Our Leadership Team
Karena Vaughan, Founder & Principal Consultant – Expert in strategic business development with > 20 years’ sales experience in Financial & Professional Services & Technology. Karena works with high-growth companies, providing practical support with new customer acquisition, sales process optimisation and business location-selection. Recent projects include The British Business Bank, leading Regtech company Funds Axis and AI start-up Fregnan.
Prior to this;
- Regional Sales Director, Europe & Russia with Invest Northern Ireland, where Karena secured large-scale investment projects from Augentius Fund Services, Estera, FinTrU, Barclays Supply Chain, Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Convergys, EE, Robo-Advisor Moola, Allen & Overy, Herbert Smith Freehills, Axiom Law, MITIE and Alexander Mann.
- Sales Director with boutique learning and development company Edge, where Karena secured contracts to deliver multi-location sales and leadership training programmes from Caterpillar, Thomson Reuters, HP and Coca-Cola. Karena’s team also trained >400 SME export sales managers.
- Karena’s early career was spent with BT and Xerox (UK) Limited working on complex projects in outsourced managed services and technical support.
Karena holds an MBA, MA and B.Ed (Hons). She is a PRINCE2 Practitioner. She has completed;
- Building Businesses in Emerging Markets, Harvard Business School
- Chartered Institute of Securities & Investment;
- Introduction to Securities & Investment
- International Certificate in Wealth & Investment Management
Louise Cook, Senior Consultant, Client Delivery – Expert in building client business through event delivery, exhibition & attendance with > 15 years’ experience in Professional Services & Technology. Louise manages Catalina Consulting’s media watch and lead generation activity and is currently involved in supporting several major UK cities with the development of start-up ecosystems.
Prior to this;
- Contract Sales Manager with Invest Northern Ireland, where Louise built the agency’s profile on the West Coast, cultivating an extensive network of senior technology leaders through the delivery of innovative roundtable events. She was instrumental in securing investment from 3Par and CyberSource (Visa), before relocating to London where she built the agency’s profile in the legal sector, securing Allen & Overy, Herbert Smith Freehills, Justis Publishing, & Axiom Law.
Louise holds a B.Sc. (Hons). She has completed;
- The Global American Economy, Stanford University
- Start Ups, From Idea to IPO, Stanford University
Caroline Iwinski, Senior Consultant, Project Management – Expert in the planning, management and delivery of client projects, with > 20 years experience in the Finance, Mining and Construction sectors.
Caroline leads on the fulfilment of Catalina Consulting’s research and event-related contracts and is currently involved in supporting customers in the UK and Europe with projects in Financial & Professional Services, Fintech & Blockchain.
Prior to this;
Caroline joins Catalina Consulting following a career break, prior to which she held roles with Laing O’Rourke, Terra Firma Capital Partners, Anglo American, Societe Generale, The Royal Bank of Scotland and M&G.