In our experience, leaders in successful, fast-growth companies often wonder if they could grow faster and more efficiently with access to resources outside of their existing business locations.
They’re thriving in existing markets, but want to open an office in a new location & build profitable business and they speculate about where they can find the right expertise and practical support to guide them through the process.
The success of their business may rely on their ability to hire & retain talented people, and they ask themselves if there are locations where they can do this in a more cost-effective way.
The growth of their Technology, HR and Finance teams may be raising questions around outsourcing, offshoring or restructuring to a shared services model, and they wonder if these options would work for their business.
Our customers tell us that discussions around these questions take place fairly regularly, but often go no further than the meeting room. Few companies have redundant capacity that allows them to create project teams for location-specific challenges. Furthermore, even if such capacity can be made available, it is rare that the assigned project leader will have the necessary experience and expertise to deliver the project in the most time-and-cost-effective way.
Catalina Consulting can help
- Market entry, set up and sustainable growth – We offer this service exclusively for the UK market, for companies that need help with entering the market, finding customers, developing a sales team, and building sustainable business.
- Cost effective expansion – Most of our customers looking at options for expansion are operating in high-cost locations where competition for skilled people is high. Working to customer specification, we can include options for locations that are close to existing sites, or we can include culturally compatible options that are further away. We also help to evaluate and select suitable outsourcers or service partners.
- Consolidation of multiple business locations into fewer, more efficient sites – With increasing M&A activity, growing companies find that they have teams of people in multiple geographies. We help to review these sites, offer options around restructuring, and support company leaders through the evaluation and implementation process.
- Reshoring of functions or roles that have previously been offshored – As companies evaluate the efficiency of global operations, many of our customers ask us about the process and associated costs of bringing jobs or functions back onshore. At Catalina Consulting, we help company leaders to evaluate their options, carry out detailed cost modelling and select a solution that offers the optimum opportunity for cost-effective growth.
- Disaster recovery – A robust business continuity process is vital, and not just for technology companies. We help company leaders to identify the best location for a DR centre, or to evaluate and select a suitable service provider.